Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Testing, 1, 2, 3...

Slapped some paint on the three different Orc sculpts from Grenadier's Fantasy Warriors game, partially to get myself into the swing of painting again, and partially to test out a different way to paint green Orc skin.

We is Orcs an' dat's no lie.

We make yoo skream an' make yoo cry.

Not the best sculpts by any stretch of the imagination (soft detail mostly, and the face on the spear orc is awful), but I have 51 of them, and I figure they'll do OK to fill in my Mordor and Isengard armies for GW's Lord of the Rings game. The best thing about them is that they are a type of HIPS plastic that is compatible with GW's, which will allow me to easily stick different weapons on them and change their poses a bit.

Honestly I don't hate these guys, really. They're not that bad for early plastic miniatures. It's just a shame that Mark Copplestone aped the Warhammer Orc look a little too closely.

Edit: And yeah, blurry pictures. One of these days I'll figure out this photography thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment