Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Remember How I Told You I'd Improve My Photo Skills?

I lied, because nobody got time for dat.

No time to paint anything new either, with me attempting to keep my head above water in school these days. So it's not a total loss, here's a chap that I dug up for a photo op, despite having painted him in 1995.





Yes, we loved the high gloss sealant in those days, along with the obnoxious green base rim. Obviously, my color scheme was highly influenced by the painted Bloodthirster in the RoC "Slaves to Darkness" book (love that one!) Eventually, this guy will get a dull coat and a less, er, obvious base. I usually paint fantasy-type miniatures with a brown base rim these days, so he needs to match. I intentionally chopped off his helmet spike, though - it just seemed off to me. Still does, really.

Amusingly enough, I have been trawling Ebay for another one of these guys, but with the different body style (the right arm raised above the head one). Too bad most sellers seem to think they're made of gold!

Tune in next time for false promises of new content and improved photography!

No comments:

Post a Comment