Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Cheatin' Scum!

Yep, tonight is another cheat. I got my hands on some of the nice new plastic bases that come with the latest edition of Necromunda recently (as well as some indifferent looking plastic gangers :P ), and wanted to see how they would look with one of my old Necro minis on it. As luck would have it, my faithful old Hive Scum ("Blondie") was in need of having his plasma pistol replaced, so I pushed him to the front of tonight's queue:

"In this world, there are two kinds of plasma pistols my friend..."

Like a large percentage of people who painted this guy, I immediately thought of Clint Eastwood's "Man With No Name" character and so painted him accordingly circa 1998. At the time, I lopped off his left hand and replaced it with a rather chunky plastic Ork plasma pistol, painted fire engine red (my preferred plasma weapon color back then). It never looked right throughout the years, so I snapped it off and replaced it with a Space Marine one. Still pretty chunky, but it looks better to me. I tried to find my old Confrontation pistol sprues to use a plasma pistol from there, but I think this one fits the Marauder Miniature ascetic pretty well. Said pistol is now a low-profile black, reasoning that Blondie doesn't want to call attention to the fact that he is probably carrying an illegal or stolen weapon.


As you can see, I attempted the cool kids method of painting glowy bits on the gun (no OSL though, I am not a Golden Daemon painter!). Probably needs to be brighter, but - eh.

I worked the base to look as nasty and gross as any floor as one would find on the Hive Bottom. Rust and paint chips show that the maintenance crew hasn't been this way for a few millennia...

In the end, I'm not a fan of adding to/painting parts of already painted miniatures. For some reason, I tend to rush through the work even faster than I would painting a miniature from scratch. The gun is pretty minimalistic (kind of the point, but I went a littl TOO much so), and the base looks too busy. In the future when I start adding my old Escher gangers to them, I'll probably skip the fancy hazard striping.

No comments:

Post a Comment