Saturday, November 13, 2021

Chaos Amazon

 ...or Kinky Chaosette, if you wanna be nasty.

/Janet Jackson

The Hair that ate Marienburg

Here she is, Michael Perry's Chaos Amazon/Amazonia Gothique/Kinky Chaosette, painted as a Champion of Khorne (naturally) and a shield design that came out of nowhere. I didn't really want to do the usual asymmetrical demon face shield that you usually see given this mini, but I wanted to try something challenging.

Needless to say, unless you've been living under a rock (or just not into gaming miniatures - so why are you here? :P), you know that this figure was based off of John Blanche's excellent "Amazonia Gothique" painting.

The face of a woman who is not worried about you.

Supposedly this is a rare-ish mini (recasters aside). Having said that, I really don't remember when/where I got this one. I got her a long time ago, but surely not way back in the 80s when she was sculpted, so not part of the White Dwarf promotion. Ah well, I guess it is a mystery.


A year or two ago, Games Workshop released a special character for the new Necromunda that is heavily based on this miniature. 

Strong family resemblance.

...yeah, I really need to get her too. Probably paint her the same way, as well.


A last shot of her against an experimental canvas painted by the missus:

Seems fitting!


Hmmmmmmm, just learned that Hasslefree has been working on this one too...

Yes, please, I'll take two!



No comments:

Post a Comment