Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Sinners Beware...

Well, I didn't have a week and a half long nap - I managed to jack up my back somehow which made painting nigh-impossible though. Being hardheaded, I tried to finish the skeletaurs anyway but all I managed to do was make then look terrible. My back's better now, so I'll try to fix them a little and be done with them.

I did manage to do other hobby-related things, however:


That's about 75% of my Adeptus Ministorum force, assembled and base-coated. This will most likely be my main 2018 project, now that 40K is reasonably playable again. I have about 17 Seraphim and a handful of characters (extra Sister Superiors and a couple of the older sculpts of the Cannoness, which will count as SS with combi-weapons). Once money starts flowing for me again, I'll hunt down 2-3 more old style Rhinos, a new-style Rhino body to go with the new-style Immolator bits that I have for some reason, and a metal Saint Celestine. I like the new plastic saint model, but the whole "I have toilet paper stuck to my shoe" ribbons put me off. More basic sisters would bee good too ;)

Here's how they'll eventually look. I painted these about 5 years ago, and then avoided the army because the red I wanted to use took several coats to get good coverage (Poly-S Rock Island Red, I think). Fast-forward to a year ago, when I discovered that Wal-Mart was selling spray cans of a Krylon primer that matched the Poly-S paint almost perfectly! Yes I bought them out, and true to form, WM never carried that color again. Fuckers.



Well, time to finish a couple crappy skeletaur paintjobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment