Wednesday, May 31, 2017

More BB Skaven

Oh yeah - I finished these a while ago and forgot to post them, oops.

To the right!

Four piddling Skaven linemen from 2nd edition Blood Bowl. Nothing fancy here - paint, wash, and messy-assed highlights (in other words, my usual SOP). I'm not really that great a painter anymore - age and lack of practice have taken their toll - but I really need a better camera. My phone makes them look worse than they really are.

To the other right!

When these were cast, GW was having some serious trouble with quality control (at least from my perspective). Miniatures with slipped molds, miscasts, and missing or wrong parts got to the shelves on a regular basis. The set that these linemen come from was no exception. These four represent the worst of the lot - a couple had bad mold slippage, which I fixed as best as I could. The Skaven without gloves appears to have a ventilation thread on his right hand which I missed (he was covered in them before I painted him). At least they're painted!

The team so far...

I'm already chugging through some positionals (thrower, "gutter runners", etc.) I'll put them up whenever :) Unfortunately, my school break is ending this week, so it's back to the grind I go on Monday. I'll do my best to make time for the hobby, as it mostly keeps me happy and calm(ish) during stressful clinicals.

Ah well, time to do something about that ventilation thread on number 13 :(

No comments:

Post a Comment